A website to inspire creativity.

I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator and use mostly SU products on my projects. If you see something you like, you can contact me for more info on it or go directly to the site (see link). Disclosure: I am an independant demonstrator and SU does not endorse my tutorial site.

If you'd like to order something I can help with that too! If you need further instructions on how to make a project seen here, let me know; I'm always happy to help!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Crayon Resist

This is a nice technique if you've become bored and you're looking for something to spice up your cards a bit. It does take some effort but it's easy. You'll just need some time to play with it. I prefer to do an entire sheet of paper at once so that I have it for other cards or projects, but you can just as easily do a small piece of paper for just one project. Go grab a cup of your favorite soothing drink (I have tea) and we'll get started.

You'll need:
Glossy Cardstock (this is NOT the same as photo paper)
StazOn ink
Pigment Ink (mine is SU's Certainly Celery)
Sponge OR brayer
White crayon stolen from your child's crayon stash
An open stamp (meaning it has open areas to color)


1. Using StazOn, stamp your image all over your paper. Pick up your white crayon and start coloring! Color all of the areas that you want to REMAIN WHITE.


2. Sponge ink over the cardstock. With a sponge you have the option to make it sort of blotchy looking, whereas with a brayer it would be a smooth even finish. Cover the stamped images completely.


3. Using a tissue or old rag, buff the white crayon off of the paper. It will come off easily, revealing white. This is really stunning with dark colors of ink! Give it a go and don't forget to send me a picture of your finished one!

1 comment:

"Wingman" (O: said...

GREAT TECHNIQUE! CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT AGAIN! EASY DIRECTIONS TO FOLLOW. I EVEN FIGURED OUT A WAY TO GET AROUND THE DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS FOR COPYING THE DIRECTIONS.
THANKS FOR THIS POST!
LOVE MOM (O:
XOX
PSS.LOVE THE NEW HAIR STYLE (O: HOW CUTE.