A website to inspire creativity.

I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator and use mostly SU products on my projects. If you see something you like, you can contact me for more info on it or go directly to the site (see link). Disclosure: I am an independant demonstrator and SU does not endorse my tutorial site.

If you'd like to order something I can help with that too! If you need further instructions on how to make a project seen here, let me know; I'm always happy to help!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Frankie Card for Halloween

These seem to be all the rage this year! I'm seeing them everywhere! For those of you who haven't seen them yet, I figured I'd post a tutorial to guide you through the steps. They are super easy and can even be made by a child (with scissor supervision, of course). No stamps needed today. Don't forget, you can always click on a picture if you need to see it larger.



Your supplies are:
11" x 4 1/4" piece of cardstock for the base
2" x 4 1/4" scrap of cardstock for the hair
scrap white cardstock
scrap black cardstock
scrap cardstock the color of your base
sponge
ink to match your base color
white gel pen
2 dimensionals
black marker
2 circle punches of different sizes


1. Fold the cardstock base in half to create your 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card. Using your largest circle (mine is 1 3/8") punch 2 white circles and 2 colored ones the same color as your base. Cut the two colored circles in half to create 4 halves (you will only need 3). Punch 2 black circles with the smaller punch (mine is 1 1/4").


2. Using the gel pen, make a curved line in the black circles, close to the edge to show light reflection. Sponge ink on the colored circles to add depth. Cut the strip of paper into a spiky pattern for monster hair.


3. Layer the black circles on top of the white ones to make eyes. Adhere eyes, nose and hair to create a face. Put a dimensional on the back of the 2 remaining half circles and use them for eyelids.


4. Using the marker, make a crooked smile and stitch marks on the face.


Done! In under 5 minutes right? And you probably didn't even need instructions. Good for you!

1 comment:

"Wingman" (O: said...

How cute is this! I think that it would be a great way to embelish a lunch sack for treat give aways for Halloween! Can't wait to try it!!
Thanks again for the ideas.
Love mom xoxo
(O: