A website to inspire creativity.

I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator and use mostly SU products on my projects. If you see something you like, you can contact me for more info on it or go directly to the site (see link). Disclosure: I am an independant demonstrator and SU does not endorse my tutorial site.

If you'd like to order something I can help with that too! If you need further instructions on how to make a project seen here, let me know; I'm always happy to help!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Summer Flip Flop Card


I'm back! I took a lot of time off this summer while I was visiting my home state. Thanks for hanging in there, waiting for another tutorial to arrive. This is a great summer card! It could be used for a girl's birthday card, a party invitation, a thank you for a summer gift...endless possibilities! I'm making one today for a birthday card and thought I'd bring you along for the ride. Ready? Gather your supplies before hand and you'll have it done in less than 10 minutes.

You'll need:
Scrap of printer paper
Patterned paper (mine is from The Stack)
Strip of long skinny scrap paper for the strap
2 eyelets
1 brad
Flowers (I punched mine w/ SU's 5 Petal Flower Punch)
1 glue dot
1 dimensional


1. Draw a flip-flop shape on the printer paper. Once you're content with it, cut it out to use as a pattern. (Mine is already done.)

2. Fold your patterned paper in half and lay the shoe pattern on it, making sure that at least part of the pattern touches the folded edge. Mine touches at both the top and bottom of the shoe but not in the middle. Trace the pattern onto the patterned paper and cut it out. You should have a hinge when you open the card now.



3. Mark the places where you want the strap to fasten at the sides. Fold the strip of paper in half and line it up the way you want it to be on the shoe. Use a dimensional to hold the "V" at the top from moving.


4. Allow some slack in the paper strip for the straps and punch a hole through both the shoe and the strap (don't forget to open the card first!). Attach an eyelet through the hole to secure. Repeat on opposite side.


5. All that remains is the flower now. I punched mine out with a 5 Petal Flower Punch and layered them, using a yellow brad to secure them together. I then used a glue dot to hold the flower to the strap.


I'm interested to see how yours looks now! I challenge you all to send me a picture of your finished flip-flop shoe card. Have a great day, enjoy the last days of summer!!

No comments: