A website to inspire creativity.

I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator and use mostly SU products on my projects. If you see something you like, you can contact me for more info on it or go directly to the site (see link). Disclosure: I am an independant demonstrator and SU does not endorse my tutorial site.

If you'd like to order something I can help with that too! If you need further instructions on how to make a project seen here, let me know; I'm always happy to help!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

You Can Make A Dry Erase Tile

There are a few different methods to chose from when making a dry erase tile. I'll share 2 of them here.

You'll need:
A Glossy Tile (any size)
StazOn Ink
Stamps (I used SU's Like It A Latte)
Heat Tool (or an oven set on low heat)
Glossy Acrylic Sealer or Clear Embossing Powder



1. Wash and dry your tile. Make sure it's really dry. Stamp your image in StazOn ink and immediately wash your stamp off, as this ink is very permenant.


2. If you choose to have a smooth tile, you'll want to use the acrylic spray. So you'll want to either heat set with a heat tool or in a low temp oven. If you'd like a raised image you need to pour embossing powder on your image while it's still wet and then heat set. If you choose to use a heat tool it will take FOREVER to set the embossing powder. This is however, the method I do because I can monitor it more closely.


3. If you embossed, you're done now. If you chose to spray, you'll now need to mask off the tile leaving only the image exposed. Spray about 12 inches away to avoid running ink. Let dry, and you're done. A note: do not get ink on the image regardless of the method you used. It will become permenant if it touches the image.


You can stand it in a wood block w/ a notch cut in, place it on a photo easel or apply a strong magnet to the back and hang it on the fridge.

Note: Since the original posting I've received a tip from a fellow stamper. She stamped the image, embossed, and then pressed packing tape over the image. She then cut around the tape, leaving the image covered so as to protect it from ink that may stain the image. Thanks Julie H. for the tip! (She suggested it would be more child friendly that way.)

No comments: