A website to inspire creativity.

I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator and use mostly SU products on my projects. If you see something you like, you can contact me for more info on it or go directly to the site (see link). Disclosure: I am an independant demonstrator and SU does not endorse my tutorial site.

If you'd like to order something I can help with that too! If you need further instructions on how to make a project seen here, let me know; I'm always happy to help!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Watercoloring With An Aqua Painter

I love the look of watercolor! It's such a free and flowing style, and it can look bohemian or elegant. There are quite a few different ways to watercolor, believe it or not, and I'm going to try to highlight a few different ones as I post tutorials in the future. For today's you need to gather:

Watercolor Paper
Aqua Painter (A paintbrush of sorts that holds its own water; aval in the SU catalogue)
Various Ink Pads
StazOn Ink (for the main image)
A Stamp (with an outline-stlye image that can be colored)


1. Stamp your image on the watercolor paper in StazOn Ink. Remember to immediately clean the stamp with StazOn Cleaner to prevent staining.


2. Turn an inkpad upside down and squeeze gently to pool some ink in the lid. This will be your palette once the pad is opened.


3. It doesn't take very much ink for this to work. Dip your brush tip into the pool and swirl to load the brush. Color the image as you wish, adding colors until completed. We're using StazOn ink because the color won't bleed when it meets with the dampness of the brush.




4. Add the image to your project for a little touch of art!

Also see the tutorial on Customize Ribbon to Match Your Project to see how to color the ribbon on this card.

No comments: