A website to inspire creativity.

I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator and use mostly SU products on my projects. If you see something you like, you can contact me for more info on it or go directly to the site (see link). Disclosure: I am an independant demonstrator and SU does not endorse my tutorial site.

If you'd like to order something I can help with that too! If you need further instructions on how to make a project seen here, let me know; I'm always happy to help!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Watercoloring With Blender Pens

This is really so easy that I can't believe I'm posting it. But, for those of you who don't even know what a Blender Pen is it may be eye opening! I'll show you the technique of watercoloring with a blender pen and then if you want to see the other technique on this card you'll need to read the tutorial Sandscapes. You'll need:

Blender Pens (aval in the Stampin' Up catalogue)
Stampin' Pastels
Stamped Line-art Image


1. Touch the tip of a blender pen to the desired pastel. If its a light color, you may need to slide the tip across the pastel to get more color. If its a darker color, just a touch should be good. You can always test on scrap paper first if you need to.


2. Start coloring the image. Don't use a whole lot of pressure, just go easy and color as if it were a marker. When the color fades out, go back to the pastels and reload the blender pen.


3. I chose to cut mine out because it was needed on the sandscape, but, most likely your image will be complete when the coloring is done.

No comments: