A website to inspire creativity.

I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator and use mostly SU products on my projects. If you see something you like, you can contact me for more info on it or go directly to the site (see link). Disclosure: I am an independant demonstrator and SU does not endorse my tutorial site.

If you'd like to order something I can help with that too! If you need further instructions on how to make a project seen here, let me know; I'm always happy to help!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Sandscapes

You can make a nautical themed card without buying anything! Most people have balloons and white rice in their homes and that's what you'll need to do this project. Fill a balloon with about 1/2 to 3/4 C of rice (use a funnel) and tie it off without adding any air to it. Then gather:

4 1/4" x 3" piece of sand colored paper
Sand colored Ink (I used SU So Saffrom )
Rice filled Balloon


1. Squeeze the balloon to stretch the rubber and then ink it up on the ink pad. (The ink will come off with a Stampin' Scrub & Stampin' Mist so that it can be reused indeffinately.)


2. Stamp the inked balloon onto the paper, reinking every or every-other time you stamp. Cover the paper completely.


3. Cut the paper so that the 3" side becomes two pieces, each 1 1/2" x 4 1/4".


4. Tear the pieces across the top so that they have one rough edge. Make them curve slightly so that they have a natural roll to them. Stack them so that the bottom of the piece in back is hidden. Adhere to your card or scrapbook page.


To see how to watercolor the sea creatures on this card read the tutorial Watercoloring With Blender Pens.

No comments: